There are times in everyone’s life when things can feel difficult, and sometimes overwhelming or distressing. Whether our difficulties relate to work, personal relationships or struggles with anxiety or depression, psychotherapy can offer some insight and understanding into our feelings, thoughts and behaviours allowing us to make different choices.
I offer a safe, confidential and empathic space where together we can discuss, explore and work through your difficulties or challenges . While I draw on a number of valuable approaches from my training and my life experiences, I prioritise building good, collaborative therapeutic relationships with my clients.
If you would like to meet me for an initial appointment to discuss whether therapy might be of help to you, please send me an email or leave a voice message on my mobile. During the initial appointment we will discuss your concerns and see whether you would like to proceed with some therapy.
Types of clients: Young adults through to older adults
Availability: I primarily offer weekday sessions, with some availability for evening sessions.
I practise at Lenta King’s Cross, which is a short walk from London King’s Cross, A major transport hub, and the Highbury Counselling Centre, London N5
I offer clients a 50-minute session at the same time each week.
My fee is £70 per hour.
I am able to offer some lower rates for students and those with financial constraints.
Types of session:
- Primarily face-to-face sessions
- Skype sessions are available for clients who travel abroad
- No telephone counselling is offered
Training and experience
I have worked with individuals from a range of social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds in various therapeutic settings, including an NHS surgery where I offered short-term therapy, low cost counselling services where I offered longer-term therapy and an NHS mental health service where I provide therapy for clients with more complex mental health issues.
Amongst other things I have particular experience working with anxiety, stress, depression, loss, low self-esteem, life-shortening illness, life transitions, disordered eating, relationship difficulties and relationship breakdown, early relational trauma and family related issues.
My honorary counselling experience includes:
- St Andrews Medical Practice (NHS) in Whetstone;
- Highbury Counselling Centre;
- The Minster Centre’s Psychotherapy and Counselling service;
- The Munro Centre and Maudsley Outpatients (an intensive psychotherapy service offering psycho-dynamic therapy, part of the South London and Maudsley NHS Trust).
- Prior to psychotherapy training I volunteered at Camden Victim Support for five years providing emotional support and practical help to victims of crime, including youth, racial, sexual abuse and domestic violence.
I am a qualified Integrative psychotherapist and counsellor which means I draw on a number of therapeutic approaches to best suit your individual therapeutic needs and goals. I have over seven years experience offering counselling and psychotherapy to adults for a wide range of emotional and psychological challenges, including depression, anxiety, challenging life events (such as separation and divorce, immigration, victims of crime), low self-esteem, stress and relationship difficulties.
- Registered member of UKCP
- I abide by BACP and UKCP ethical guidelines
I have an MA in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling and Advanced Diploma from The Minster Centre (Middlesex University; UKCP accredited degree). The Minster Centre is a long established training organisation in Integrative Psychotherapy (founded in 1978).
Other qualifications include:
- MSc in Sociology, London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA Honours in Industrial Sociology, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- BA in Sociology, Ithaca College, United States